Become a FightMND Volunteer
The FightMND Foundation values its volunteers highly and we would love to have you join the Freeze MND army as one of our community supporters. There are many ways you can help so fill in the form below and one of our team will be in contact shortly…..
How to fundraise for the Cure for MND Foundation
Thank you for offering to help the Cure for MND Foundation fight MND by becoming one of our community fundraisers. We know sometimes it’s difficult to know where to start in organising your fundraising activity, so our fundraising checklist aims to help point you in the right direction.
You can also contact our fundraising coordinator Anna at [email protected] or via phone at 1800 CUREMND
Before You Start:
- Read our Fundraising Guidelines [PDF 337KB] thoroughly.
- Develop your fundraising idea & set a fundraising goal. Our “A-Z guide” may help you come up with ideas.
- Consider the expenses associated with your activity and how to minimise them. Download our Expense & Income Tracker [XLS 13KB] to help you keep track.
- Work through your budget thoroughly and as a minimum aim to raise $2 or more for every $1 you spend on expenses.
- Consider safety and/or legal issues that you may need to address (depending our the activity you may require a permit or licence).
- Lodge a application to us online to Register Your Fundraising Activity.
- Wait to hear from one of our team who will issue you with an Authority To Fundraise. You will need this before you start fundraising.
- Request donation tins and receipt books if required.
Start Your Fundraising:
- Develop your fundraising plan
- What are the tasks involved?
- How will you promote your activity?
- Who can help you?
- Assign tasks and begin implementing your plan
- If required, set-up your Online Fundraising Page to share and help collect donations
- If you plan to use the Cure for MND logo, make sure to contact us to seek approval for your artwork, website, media releases, or promotional materials for your event
- Promote your event
- Email – let all your friends, family, and colleagues know about your activity. We have some Suggested Email Templates you may like to use
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are all great tools for sharing your event/activity with others.
- Media – contact your local newspaper, radio, or TV stations and see if they’ll help promote your event
- Ask your friends, family, and colleagues to support, volunteer and help out, or donate to your event/activity.
- Manage your donations – see our Managing Donations page for advice
After Your Event is Complete:
- Within 14 days provide the Cure for MND Foundation with the money you raised. Details can be found on our Managing Donations Page
- Transfer the funds to our bank account
- Send a cheque – please make sure the cheque is made out to “Cure for MND Foundation”
- Make a credit card donation for the sum amount over the phone – call us on 1800 CUREMND
- Send through your receipt book and any unused receipts
- Thank your supporters, volunteers, and donors
- Celebrate your success!
Without you MND will keep on killing…. Click to donate today