Fast five – Saturday 15 October
Lakes Entrance – Metung – Warragul
Here are the top five things you need to know for the first official day of driving:
1. Team and convoy photo
Location: Esplanade, Lakes Entrance – near the Lakes Entrance Rotunda.
- 10am – Group photo on the foreshore
- 10:30 – Begin assembling along the Esplanade, behind the FightMND bus.
- 11am – Convoy departs for Metung
The convoy photo will take some coordination – please be patient and if you’ve got a question, chat to the team from FightMND.
2. Traffic and road conditions
Please note that there are roadworks between Rosedale and Sale.
Don’t forget to stock up with sunscreen at Chemist Warehouse in Sale or grab some refreshments in at Coles Express in Sale (corner of York and Macarthur St, Sale).
Remember, if you take a photo of yourself at a Coles Express and tag @colesexpress @fightmnd, you could win a $200 Coles Express voucher.
Lakes Entrance/Warragul – min 9, max 19. A stunning day – partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower near the New South Wales border, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds northwest to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending south to southwesterly in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 14 and 19.
4. Lunch in Metung
There are two sitting for lunch today – 12pm and 1:15pm. Please don’t be late and make sure you’re ready for one of two sittings.
Drew will be coordinating activities in Metung – please keep an eye on the Whatsapp.
5. Dinner and Bus Transport – Halloween Costume Party
7pm, Lardner Park, Warragul. Ensure you’re ready to dance the night away in your best outfits. We can’t wait to see you all. Prizes will be awarded so make sure you get ready to impress.
We’ll also be joined by Mr Brightside himself – Neale Daniher AO.
Got a question or want to report a road hazard, please drop the FightMND team a text or give us a call on 0447 252 948. In areas of low reception, please text with a time stamp.
- Rod Hoogkamer is travelling with us in the Red Devil car, Rod is a qualified mechanic and is here to help. He can be contacted on: 0459 991 048
- If you do give him a call, please provide details about your location, including landmarks, as well as a description of your vehicle so he can find you.
- Travelling within the convoy are 4 first aid kits and these vehicles have a green First Aid cross on their front and rear window.
- A Defib will travel with our volunteer first aider, and this vehicle has a green AED DEFIB sign on the front and rear windows.
Chemist Warehouse & Coles Express
- Our very good friends at Chemist Warehouse have launched their POS fundraising campaign. If you need any health or beauty supplies throughout the Drive, please make sure to pop into a Chemist Warehouse, and don’t forget to say hello to the friendly team members and thank them for their support.
- Coles Express have donated a $200 voucher for each Drive team. We will be running a competition to win another $200 voucher and all you need to do is take a photo of yourself in a Coles Express and post to your social media channels, while tagging FightMND and Coles Express, and you could be the lucky winner of another voucher. Happy snapping.